[crossfire] Release 1.12

Lalo Martins lalo.martins at gmail.com
Thu Jan 8 07:27:48 CST 2009

All right... with the help of "crossfire traffic" and svn, I compiled a
list of what's in the trunk and branch.

http://wiki.metalforge.net/doku.php/trunkbranchchangebreakdown

Comments welcome.

As far as I've seen, the only change that breaks character compatibility
is the combat rebalance.  So until/unless we hear from the code
leadership, let's assume the rebalance won't be in the release.

It seems a lot of those changes require code changes... as seen on other
posts to this thread by Leaf and Kevin.

So the question of whether there will be a server 1.12 release becomes
somewhat important.  If there won't, then it would be better to base the
content release on the branch, and manually merge each set of changes
that are compatible.  Significantly more work... but doable.

best,
                                               Lalo Martins
                           -----
                  http://lalomartins.info/