[crossfire] Leaderships(s?) (was Re: Platform statement)

Nicolas Weeger nicolas.weeger at laposte.net
Wed Jan 14 12:01:13 CST 2009

So, tell me:
- what should chaos attack do?
- how are wc and ac related?
- what is the meaning of "speed 1"?
- "I made a map with this and that reward with those statistics, can I put it
into SVN?" <- who will decide?
- "I made a patch to enable players to create items from other items through
alchemy, is it ok to be put into SVN?" <- who will decide?
- "I made a patch so poison attacks aren't a one shot, but actually poison the
player for 1 to 10 seconds" <- who will decide to put that into SVN?
- "here is a pickaxe to destroy walls, can I put it into SVN?"

(not necessarily "what does it do right now?", but "what should it do in the
ideal game we're making?")

As you said, this isn't a democracy, and latest discussions (and the lack of
conclusions) should show that we need someone to actually decide when
needed - so a gameplay leader, and a content leader, both are needed.

And I don't worry for technical leadership - there are enough people willing
to code for Crossfire, besides the code is enough for now for most things
planned in the next releases.

Nicolas

--
http://nicolas.weeger.org [Petit site d'images, de textes, de code, bref de