[crossfire] 1.12 branch cut

Lalo Martins lalo.martins at gmail.com
Sat Jan 17 14:24:55 CST 2009

Okay.  To reflect the new 1.x plan, and to avoid the branch problem we've
had this last year, I'll go ahead and phase out the 1.x branch in favour
of specific 1.11, 1.12, etc branches.

An 1.12 branch was cut out from trunk a few minutes ago.  I'll have to
revert mwedel's rebalance from server and arch, and then it will become
1.12 alpha.  From that point it's bugfixes only.  At some point in late
February, it will become 1.12RC, and from then on it's *critical*
bugfixes only.  (Even after the release; so it is also possible that an
1.12.x release happens, if we screw up too bad.  Let's hope not.)

Immediately after 1.12 going bugfixes only, an 1.13 branch will be
added.  I'd recommend/encourage new feature development to still happen
on trunk and then be backported.  Currently the plan for 1.13 is 1.12 +
rebalance, and an August release so we can get in October Ubuntu/Fedora.
(1.12 will probably be late for April distros, but we'll try.)

best,
                                               Lalo Martins
                           -----
                  http://lalomartins.info/