[crossfire] About to release 1.12

Mark Wedel mwedel at sonic.net
Tue Mar 31 00:47:04 CDT 2009

Lalo Martins wrote:
> I'll make content and client releases this week.  There's one open
> content bug (that I'm able to fix myself), and no open client bugs that I
> know of.

  Taking a quick look at that list, some comments.

  First question - is it known if these bugs still exist in 2.0 server?

Quick notes/questions on the bugs from just spending a few minutes on them:

Lockpick merge bug:  Not sure why that would happen - can_merge() explicitly
checks that the magic of the 2 items is the same, so unless the merge for
lockpicks is somehow different (which would seem unlikely), not sure how that
would happen.  A test case (map) would help on that one.

customize stack of weapons bug - that should be easy to fix - I'll see if I can
get something done this week on it.

CFDialog - not all familiar with that area of code, so someone else probably
needs to look at that.

2.0 god enchant bug - I can see what is happening, right in lines 910-940 in
server/gods.c.  First time around, divine_owner would be null, so it would fall
through to the code that sets the divine_owner, etc.  But after that,
divine_owner is not null, and check for it belonging to this god is true, so it
prints that message and doesn't do anything more.  I didn't write that code, so
I'm not sure of the intent - I almost suspect that area should not exist (only
check to see if it belongs to another god), and the section that sets the key
values is encased in an else (so it called only if divine_owner is null).  In
that way, if the weapon has been blessed for this god, it can actually get to
the code that gives it bonuses.

2.0 wraith feed bug - the order of unarmed skills is defined in
include/skills.h.  It is easy enough to move SK_WRAITH_FEED to top of the list.
  I think there is another bug that the unarmed skills are hard coded - unclear
what the correct general answer is.  The correct 'real' fix is to remove that
hard coding and perhaps make that a character attributed (preferred unarmed
skill or something)