[crossfire] How to integrate old stories in the game?

Otto J. Makela om at iki.fi
Tue Nov 17 08:37:55 CST 2009

Mark Wedel wrote:

>   There is the lib/messages file, which will be used for random readables that
> show up in dungeons.
>
>   However, the current instance of readables (nonmagical scrolls, books, etc) is
> pretty low.  And even if one is generated, it could contain info about alchemy,
> monsters, spells, etc.  And it can also have a high literacy rate requirement.

A segue to something that has bothered me a bit: there are no longer any
closed houses in Scorn, having been replaced with randomly generated ones.

However, there is not much point in visiting them, as they are only single-
level places with the randomly-generated paraphernalia. If you are very lucky,
there might be a "treasure room" or some such, but otherwise they are fairly
pointless: no monsters on the first level, nothing to do, nothing to see...

How about someone working a bit on the generator, for example have the
ubiquitous bookshelves actually occasionally contain something useful?
--
    /* * * Otto J. Makela <om at iki.fi> * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * */
   /* Phone: +358 40 765 5772, FAX: +358 42 7655772, ICBM: 60N 25E */