[crossfire] What to find in towns, what to find in the countryside

Nicolas Weeger nicolas.weeger at laposte.net
Sat Nov 28 13:10:23 CST 2009

>   Certainly for scorn, as that is a starting area, it makes a lot of sense.
>  And a lot of the monster maps in scorn don't make a lot of sense.
>
>   For navar city, there are several quest lines that sort of go with some
> of the maps in the town (old wizards tower, smuggling operation, etc).  But
> those are also better in that for the most part, there is some sequence so
> you just can't wander into a random house full of monsters.

I'd remove all monsters from town, or at least hide them.
Or make them non aggressive, and they start attacking if player attacks.

Or else we'll need to explain why the town guards are that incompetent! :)

>   In terms of the NPC's, I think that can work.  However, I wouldn't like
> there to be NPC's giving quests (not that we really have quests, but you
> sort of get the idea) that you have to hunt through all the houses.  I
> think a method where most of the NPC's may have some basic information (so
> that for example they may have tales of haunted houses, etc) is good.  Or
> for that matter, if there are NPC's in the houses with unique information,
> maybe some of the common knowledge would be about that person (Bob over
> there is looking for someone to ...)

Well yes, you're supposed to know what your neighbourgs are up to :)
That'll require much work to link information, of course.

So, anyone willing to rewrite the in town maps? :)
I'd start with Darcap, since there aren't that many maps.

Nicolas
--
http://nicolas.weeger.org [Petit site d'images, de textes, de code, bref de
l'aléatoire !]