[crossfire] Dialog mode

Nicolas Weeger nicolas.weeger at laposte.net
Sat Jan 9 09:15:33 CST 2010

>   I like it.  I've never really liked the somewhat random approach right
> now of trying to figure out what keywords the NPC is looking for.
>
>   Do you imagine do this by scripts, or extending the msg/endmsg logic?

Right now there is some support for that already.
So it would be a matter of extending the client support, and adding some glue
for NPCs themselves - so they don't move when talked to for some time.

After that, of course, if the editor has a nice interface to edit, it'd be
great - but that's secondary.

That is already done, almost, through @reply and @question.

>   That would cover a large amount of desired conversations - I'd think the
> give/take items would be a fairly small number and requiring scripts for
> those might be reasonable.  But I wonder if something @script tags could be
> added to allow for calling general purpose scripts.

I strongly oppose that @script idea.
If you want scripting, use Python or do your own plugin - through the
event_say archetype.
We don't need yet another way to call a script :)

Nicolas
--
http://nicolas.weeger.org [Mon p'tit coin du web]