[crossfire] TODO list

Nicolas Weeger nicolas.weeger at laposte.net
Mon Jan 18 11:33:44 CST 2010

>   I don't know a lot about Qt, but it looks like the big bonus is better
> cross platform stuff.  POSIX doesn't define everything we use, as evidenced
> by a fair number of #idef <platform type>

Forgot but you also gain multilinguage support through a nice mechanism -
tr("Your text with %1").args(parameter), making it easy to see texts instead
of obscure constants.

>   I agree that should be primary focus - we can always toss lots of stuff
> in code, but unless it makes the game better to play, doesn't get us a lot.

Yep, that's why C++ is in my "various" list.

>   The problem is some maps are very food scarce, because of the monsters on
> them.  But maybe this just goes back to me playing a troll character at one
> time, and having to deal with carrying large amounts of food (due to the
> trolls bonus is HP regeneration, food usage goes up).
>
>   Priests at least have the odd case where they can create food.  But I
> guess nethack had food.
>
>   I think one change, relative to food, is for all flesh type things (which
> can be eaten as food) should have some time limit where they start to
> decompose/rot. I shouldn't be able to carry around an ogre leg for a week
> and eat it like nothing has happened.  Just adding some form of rotting
> would probably reduce available food by a bit.

Rotting could be fun, but depending on implementation you'd have multiple food
parts similar but not merging because "dropped-tick" isn't the same...

As for trolls, that's one disadvantage they have - need MUCH food. On the
opposite, Devourer adepts almost don't use food...

Nicolas
--
http://nicolas.weeger.org [Mon p'tit coin du web]