[crossfire] TODO list

Alex Schultz agschult at ucalgary.ca
Mon Jan 18 18:31:03 CST 2010

On Mon, 18 Jan 2010 18:33:44 +0100
Nicolas Weeger <nicolas.weeger at laposte.net> wrote:

> >   I think one change, relative to food, is for all flesh type
> > things (which can be eaten as food) should have some time limit
> > where they start to decompose/rot. I shouldn't be able to carry
> > around an ogre leg for a week and eat it like nothing has
> > happened.  Just adding some form of rotting would probably reduce
> > available food by a bit.
>

> Rotting could be fun, but depending on implementation you'd have
> multiple food parts similar but not merging because "dropped-tick"
> isn't the same...

We could always implement "multiple timeouts" for objects that
would in this case specify how many were dropped on a given tick... not
sure it's worth the bother, but just noting that that isn't an
insurmountable issue.

> As for trolls, that's one disadvantage they have - need MUCH food. On
> the opposite, Devourer adepts almost don't use food...

Expand cooking to allow players to salt the meats and such? Perhaps
make weight-reduction-enchanted containers have some kind of partial
preservative magic? That would help trolls :)