[crossfire] Revision: 13336 has broken CFDialog

Kevin Bulgrien kbulgrien at att.net
Thu Jun 3 18:02:17 CDT 2010

> Hello.
>
> > This commit has broken dialogs.  It is no longer possible to get out of
> > scorn by saying a password, and it further appears that most CFDialogs are
> > now completely disabled...
> >
> > Scorn quests, Goths Hintson... etc.  No server messages are issued.  The
> > NPCs simply do not respond any more.
> >
> > I backed up to 13325 in the python folder and moved forward until it
> > re-broke. This is the culprit.
>
> Using the latest SVN, all seems to work as expected, but I'm getting the
> following warnings in the server logs:
>
> <string>:104: DeprecationWarning: dict.has_key() not supported in 3.x; use the
> in operator
> (...)share/crossfire/maps/python/CFDialog.py:215: DeprecationWarning:
> dict.has_key() not supported in 3.x; use the in operator
>   if Crossfire.GetPrivateDictionary().has_key(key):
>
> What Python version are you using? Would it be 3.x by any chance? ;)

$ python --version
Python 2.5.2

$ rpm -qa | grep python | grep 3
gnome-python-bonobo-2.22.3-1mdv2009.0
python-rhpl-0.212-3mdv2009.0
python-reportlab-2.1-3mdv2009.0
python-celementtree-1.0.5-2.3mdv2009.0
gnome-python-2.22.3-1mdv2009.0
python-dbus-0.83.0-1mdv2009.0
python-qt-3.17.4-1mdv2009.0
python-notify-0.1.1-3mdv2009.0
python-configobj-4.5.3-1mdv2009.0
gnome-python-canvas-2.22.3-1mdv2009.0
python-zope-interface-3.4.1-1mdv2009.0

$ svn status server maps
?      server/trunk/svn-commit.tmp
?      server/trunk/plugins/cf_darcap/Makefile.in
?      server/trunk/plugins/cf_darcap/Makefile
?      server/trunk/plugins/citylife/include/Makefile.in
?      server/trunk/plugins/citylife/include/Makefile
?      server/trunk/plugins/cfrhg/include/Makefile.in
?      server/trunk/plugins/cfrhg/include/Makefile
M      server/trunk/include/autoconf.h.in
?      server/trunk/utils/crossfire-mapper
?      server/trunk/utils/cre/gmon.out
?      server/trunk/utils/cre/cre.gch
?      server/branches/1.x
?      maps/trunk/pup_land/lone_town.invidious
?      maps/trunk/pup_land/guilds/purple_butterfly.invidious
?      maps/trunk/unlinked/kbulgrien/kbulgrien

I am also at top of SVN.

Kevin