[crossfire] Release?

Mark Wedel mwedel at sonic.net
Sun Mar 14 01:35:16 CST 2010

On 02/28/10 12:50 PM, Nicolas Weeger wrote:
> Hello.
>
> What about we just decide to do a release of trunk end of march?
> Whatever it is called, 1.5, 2.0, 1.9, and such :)
>
> Then let's kill branch, and work on trunk.
>

> Does that sound ok?

  Just to follow up on this some more and other ideas:

  Call the release 1.50, to note it diverges a bit from the 1.11 release (isn't
a minor update) but at the same time isn't what we consider 2.0

  Target release for end of March or so.  Are there any must fix bugs to be
dealt with?  I hope to have the new account login stuff done soon, but I've been
saying that for months :(

  Relative to C client, drop X11 and GTK client, and _only_ support/include the
gtk2 client.  I believe there are sufficient theme files for the gtk2 client to
cover what in the past were shortcomings (either look of gtk1 client or need for
low resolution support).  Some of this is based on that account code above - I
don't want to even attempt to add support for that to those old clients.