[crossfire] Release?

Nicolas Weeger nicolas.weeger at laposte.net
Mon Mar 15 14:41:22 CDT 2010

Hello.

>   Call the release 1.50, to note it diverges a bit from the 1.11 release
> (isn't a minor update) but at the same time isn't what we consider 2.0

Fine by me.

>   Target release for end of March or so.  Are there any must fix bugs to be
> dealt with?  I hope to have the new account login stuff done soon, but I've
> been saying that for months :(

The recent object_free2() and object_free_drop_inventory() changes could have
issues.
Not necessarily critical, but some things to keep in mind.

Ideally, we'd make a 1.5 branch on which we'd fix bugs before and after
release, while works goes on trunk...
But then there are too many branches already :)

>   Relative to C client, drop X11 and GTK client, and _only_ support/include
> the gtk2 client.  I believe there are sufficient theme files for the gtk2
> client to cover what in the past were shortcomings (either look of gtk1
> client or need for low resolution support).  Some of this is based on that
> account code above - I don't want to even attempt to add support for that
> to those old clients.

Fine by me.

Nicolas
--