[crossfire] races, classes, and play style

Nicolas Weeger nicolas.weeger at laposte.net
Tue May 4 11:48:56 CDT 2010

>   I'd like to see that also - it certainly provides some better aim than
> just wander around and kill things (and lets be honest, even some of the
> very simple games like nethack, wizardry I, ultima I, etc at least had
> some goal).
>
>   I think that leveling up may be seen as what you do in crossfire, when
> you lack any other goals.
>
>   That said, a question is still what happens when you finish all the
> quests. Do you just call it quits?  I haven't played many MMORPG's, but
> most seem to try and keep some interest.

Same thing you do when you reached maximum level in all skills :)

Seriously, I would say two options:
- invite people to contribute maps and such
- design a way for those "end of game " players to be ingame gods and
dynamically create a world

>   But under such a scheme, the question is still what should gameplay be
> like even under that system.

True.

What I think we also need is a defined set of graphs for leveling up.
What resistance around what level? What armor? How many HP or SP or GR?

This way we could tailor players and monsters to be equivalent, and make level
actually meaningful - something like "you need to kill ~100 monsters of your
level to gain one level".

But this wouldn't be too visible to the player, only through quests :)

Nicolas
--
Mon p'tit coin du web - http://nicolas.weeger.org