[crossfire] NPC dialog breakage

Kevin Bulgrien kbulgrien at att.net
Tue May 11 00:45:24 CDT 2010

> Hello.
>
> > svn up / recompile / restart server:  Quest dialogs that worked yesterday
> > are now broken...  Quest NPCs are completely mute and do not respond to
> > hi/hello.
>
> Did you make install? There were some changes to the plugin interface.

Yes, always.

> Any output in the server log?

None.

Actually svn up / recompile / make install tonight... server was totally
hosed.  It got stuck before it could do any console or logfile output.
strace was showing it had just loaded a bunch of the python stuff.

To get out of the mess I did re-run the autogen.sh script, make clean, etc.
The changes must have needed something more than svn up; make; make install.
Dialogs are now working again.  False alarm...

Kevin