[crossfire] Attributes/Stats

Otto J. Makela om at iki.fi
Tue May 11 03:02:35 CDT 2010

Mark Wedel wrote:

>   The other thing to note is the relative unimportance of Cha here.  For most
> characters, only real effect is on shop pricing, as a lot of characters probably
> do not use singing/oratory.  Other than making some other skill use Cha as its
> key value, I'm not sure what can be done there - I'd almost be tempted to just
> drop Cha.

This won't make a huge difference, but... I believe these days monsters are
pretty much always either friendly or aggressive, there is no middle ground?
How about having charisma affect how neutral monsters act towards you?
How about the charm monsters and/or pacify spells, are they affected by this?

PS. Now that I have your attention, could someone take a look at
/pup_land/nurnberg/hq_training -- it seems there is something wrong with
normally aggressive monsters, they seem to be asleep or something, making
parts of these "training levels" surprisingly easy. Is this intentional?

--
    /* * * Otto J. Makela <om at iki.fi> * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * */
   /* Phone: +358 40 765 5772, FAX: +358 42 7655772, ICBM: 60N 25E */