[crossfire] Attributes/Stats

Brendan Lally brenlally at gmail.com
Wed May 12 17:58:34 CDT 2010

On Wed, 12 May 2010 19:11:14 +0200
Nicolas Weeger <nicolas.weeger at laposte.net> wrote:

> >   Never saw any response, but had some other musings.  Changing
> > subject to use attributes, since that is a bit less general than
> > statistics, which can mean almost anything.
>
> Related, Brendan started a page at
> http://wiki.metalforge.net/doku.php/user:cavesomething:possible_stat_values
> listing ideas for combat rewriting.
>
> >   If one looks at these descriptions, one can see that spellcasters
> > have a tougher time on stats than fighters - for fighters, pretty
> > simple - Str, Con, Dex, Cha, Wis, Int, Pow, and the last 4 could be
> > 1 and it wouldn't hurt the fighter much.
>
> What about rebalancing by making Wis or Int more useful for fighters?
> Something like 'your armor will communicate to you if you're
> intelligent enough, to help you more'.
> Or some way to make fighters "pay" if they have too low Wis or Int or
> Pow. Use Pow to resist some attacktypes?

Under the kind of idea I was describing there, then stats like Pow, Wis
and Int could give bonuses to different resist points (including
negative resistances).

I've described that in more detail at:
http://wiki.metalforge.net/doku.php/user:cavesomething:resistances
(this page is linked to from the one Nicolas referenced above)

Hopefully a fighter character would think twice about putting 1
in INT or WIS if it guaranteed double or triple damage on almost every
magic attack used against them.

Brendan