[crossfire] CRE (no luck building successfully)

Kevin R. Bulgrien kbulgrien at worldnet.att.net
Sat May 15 23:02:41 CDT 2010

Having never built cre before, I gave it a try tonight because I saw some
advance made in quest support.

I had some trouble with the README instructions to just qmake && make as
I have a KDE 3 system.   The project will not build with Qt 3, so I added
that pithy detail to the README.

After getting Qt 4, the project builds, but get:

$ ./cre
Aborted
$

If I run it out of GDB, the back trace is:

(gdb) bt
#0  0x00007f7a54a48955 in raise () from /lib64/libc.so.6
#1  0x00007f7a54a4a183 in abort () from /lib64/libc.so.6
#2  0x000000000045a506 in init_dynamic () at init.c:405
#3  0x0000000000459d59 in init_library () at init.c:216
#4  0x000000000040d05c in main (argc=1, argv=0x7fff5ec84d18) at cre.cpp:31

I have no idea where to go from here.  Hints?

Kevin