[crossfire] races

Nicolas Weeger nicolas.weeger at laposte.net
Sat May 22 06:22:13 CDT 2010

>   I've created a wiki page which is a summary and table of changes:
>
> http://wiki.metalforge.net/doku.php/user:mwedel:characters

Nice, thanks :)

>   There are a couple good races for thieves, but IMO crossfire does not
> have good thief support yet.  Until such time it does, I don't think I
> want to present those choices (and so likewise, thief type classes will
> get removed). Simply put, I don't want to present players with what may
> amount to be a very difficult to play combo, or a combo which you play as
> something different (eg fighter), at which point you are better off as a
> fighter.

If the combination is clearly indicated as difficult, then let the players use
it :)
"since your birth, you have been a rebel, disregarding many rules and customs.
Therefore it is not surprising that you, a Fireborn, choose to work as an Ice
Mage in the Arctic region."

>   Other interesting thing to note is that a lot of the classes make good
> fighters (by my count, any of 6 races would make for excellent fighters),
> but there are only 2 really good choices for clerics.
>
>   The one issue with all of this is that if you take the 3 main classes
> that work well in crossfire now (cleric, fighter, mage), for almost every
> race, you could assign what class you should play.
>
>   Dwarf:  Fighter/Cleric combo.
>   Elf: wizard Fighter/wizard combo
>   Fireborn: cleric/wizard combo
>   gnome: cleric
>   Dragon: fighter or fighter/wizard
>   half orc: fighter
>   Quetzal: Fighter
>   Serpentman: Fighter
>   Troll: Fighter
>   Wraith: wizard
>
>   I almost wonder if maybe one of the fighter races should get pruned out.

I'd rather try to balance those out too - but well, that's a really hard part
:)

Nicolas
--
Mon p'tit coin du web - http://nicolas.weeger.org