[crossfire] Stats and level advancement proposal

Nicolas Weeger nicolas.weeger at laposte.net
Sat May 29 04:18:01 CDT 2010

>   Sorry, perhaps a misunderstanding.  I took that page to be a proposal of
> what the different values at different levels should be.  Perhaps the fact
> that the subject states it is a stats and level advancement proposal gave
> me that idea :)
>
>   But from what you say above, it sounds like you are looking more for
> recorded (eg, real) values.
>
>   So as of now, I'm a little confused on what it is a page of.  If it is of
> recorded values (so as you state, you know what the
> wc/ac/hp/sp/grace/resistances of a level 40 character is), then
> explanations of the different fields are not really needed, since they are
> just recorded from what you see as a player.
>
>   But if you are making a proposal, then I think some of those fields need
> more explanation, as they don't match what is in the game right now (as
> noted, armor currently maxes at 100, and damage values are also lower)

Actually, I started a page to figure the various values at
http://wiki.metalforge.net/doku.php/user:ryo:stats
But then I realised it was really hard to figure many things, so I made a
proposal-like page...

>   I certainly think such a page is a good idea (so just from designing
> dungeons/maps, one can know what target level is), but I'm not sure if it
> may be a little premature until other aspects are nailed down.

Maybe it is premature, yes.
But at some point we'll need something like that for balance, IMHO.

Nicolas
--
Mon p'tit coin du web - http://nicolas.weeger.org