[crossfire] Gameplay notes

Nicolas Weeger nicolas.weeger at laposte.net
Wed Sep 8 14:22:30 CDT 2010

>   That seems reasonable, or perhaps other adjustments like better ac or
> better armor.
>
>   One weakness of lots of monsters is their armor rating tends to be pretty
> low.
>
>   I think right now, summoning basically just uses the 'stock' monsters and
> makes some customizations to them.  One could see why they are pretty weak
> - player is expected to kill dozens of them, so it is going to be a lot
> weaker than the player at same level.
>
>   Probably best to make up a separate set of monsters archs which are used
> for summoning - these may have same name, but are tougher - this lets one
> tweak them a lot better than trying to adjust the code that makes changes
> to do the right thing, because I could imagine for some summoned
> creatures, giving them a huge number of extra hp would make them way too
> good.

Yes, it could be specific monsters, not found in maps.
Would make it funnier, maybe, even.

As a side note, a fun thing: a summoned golem won't attack another golem :)

>   They would have to return to the map so it stays swapped in.  That said,
> one could argue that if one is not on the same map, maybe one should not
> get exp for kills on it.

I'm not sure one way or the other.
In any case care should be taken for tiled maps :)

>   I expect for vast majority of systems, increasing timeout won't cause any
> issues.  Beyond timeout (which can probably be modified while the server is
> running with no real bad effects), there is also some counter for max
> number of objects in memory - that would also need to be a setting.

I'd say 5 or 10 mins for a map should be ok. But well, I'm no server admin :)

Nicolas
--
Mon p'tit coin du web - http://nicolas.weeger.org