[crossfire] Setting path to spells

Mark Wedel mwedel at sonic.net
Wed Sep 22 00:33:17 CDT 2010

On 09/21/10 12:17 PM, Nicolas Weeger wrote:
> Hello.
>

> The following spells don't have any path set:
>
> - slow ability
> - invulnerability
> - levitate
> - color spray
> - shockwave
> - slow
> - wave
> - windstorm
> - destruction
> - earth to dust
> - improved invisibility
> - invisible
> - invisible to undead
> - marking rune
> - aggravation
>
> They should probably have one set, so they benefit from various talismans.
> This would also fix a bug with Valkyrie followers who can still cast spells.
>

> I propose the following:
> - the three invisible spells: mind path ; you twist your opponent's mind to
> appear invisible

  One could also say those are in the light path, since they affect how light
travels (a better path name could actually be illusion).  That way you don't
have to worry if the creature has no mind (say blobs)

> - destruction: detonation
> - levitate: Transmutation or Teleportation?

  under normal definition, should be transmutation - you are effectively
altering the weight of the given object so that it floats.  To me, teleportation
is the instant travel from one point to another, like town portal, dimension
door, maybe a few others.

> - aggravation: mind

  I think the only thing that used aggravation was the horn of aggravation, so
path on that probably doesn't matter much, but mind would seem appropriate.

> - slow: transmutation?

  That would make sense - I guess one could like at what paralyze is, since slow
is really just a less extreme version of that.