[crossfire] Account connection limit

Mark Wedel mwedel at sonic.net
Thu Aug 4 22:28:02 CDT 2011

On 08/ 4/11 11:44 AM, Nicolas Weeger wrote:
> Hello.
>

> Currently one account can have only one character logged at the same time.
>

> I'd like to remove that limit, so you can play multiple characters.
>

> What do you think of that?

  I have no issues with that change.

  Only note is that right now, there is some mechanism in place to recover
orphaned logged in characters.  For example, your dsl modem reboots so you have
a new IP address and the server has not detected the dropped connection yet -
when you log in again, it will basically move the connection of that character
to your new client connection.

  I can't remember right now where this is done - if this happens when you
select the character, or at account login.  My only concern would be that that
should not get broken (and at the same time, need to also make sure that the
same character can not be logged in more than once)