[crossfire] Player creation bug
tolga.dalman at googlemail.com
Sun Feb 13 05:47:40 CST 2011
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
currently, the player creation in crossfire 1.60 is broken.
You can reproduce it by doing the following with the
- - create new character: fire hatchling/monk
- - maximize str, dex and con
- - set remaining stats so that they are 1 in total
- - distribute the remaining points to pow
This will fail, because the stats are checked after applying the
race (but not the class). The attached patch fixes this issue.
Being on this topic, I have some suggestions for the crossfire-client.
I think it is already pretty good, however for a normal user like
me it is quite difficult to create a character in a sane way.
So I suggest:
1. add descriptions for stats (e.g. tooltips).
2. make the stat number field read-only (this feature is actually not useful,
but rather confusing and error-prone).
3. when selecting a race or class automatically update the stats to the required
minimum values. Also, these values should become constraints, i.e. pushing
the '-' should not yield in stats lower 1.
4. disallow negative unspent stat points. This should be a simple check in the
5. "Choose starting map" should be replaced by the actual drop-down menu with
"Scorn" as default value.
I hope these suggestions are helpful :)
Thanks and best regards
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v2.0.17 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla - http://enigmail.mozdev.org/
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
-------------- next part --------------
An embedded and charset-unspecified text was scrubbed...
More information about the crossfire