[crossfire] Ground and container view

Nicolas Weeger nicolas.weeger at laposte.net
Sun Jul 10 05:20:22 CDT 2011

Hello.

Because I use JXClient which displays contents of a container like the ground
view, I changed the server to enable browsing container items like the ground
view, with arrows for "next and prev group of items".

I just realized the GTK client displays contents of a container as children of
that container, instead of the ground view.

Thus my changes conflict with that, and introduce "paging" for GTK when there
was none.

Now I'm wondering, GTK doesn't limit the number of displayed items in
containers but the server does limit to 50 the number of items in the ground.

This behaviour doesn't make sense IMO - either the ground should display
everyhing like containers, or both should be browsable.

So I'm wondering what's the correct fix for that:
- should server limit items for ground and container view? if so then clients
should be adjusted
- should there be no limit? note that currently the server will limit to 100
for ground view, but no limit for containers...

Regards

Nicolas
--
Mon p'tit coin du web - http://nicolas.weeger.org