[crossfire] Proposal for artifacts changes

Nicolas Weeger nicolas.weeger at laposte.net
Sun Oct 16 06:21:35 CDT 2011

Hello.

I'd like to change artifacts handling by introducing archetypes for all
artifacts combos.

So for instance, for the 'Thieves' artifacts, an archetype named
'__ring_Thieves' would be generated with the relevant properties, and used for
the actual ring of Thieves. There would be various '__helmet_(whatever)' for
helmets, and so on for all artifact possibilities.

I see various benefits to that.

First, it would be possible to remove totally an artifact, leading to load
errors warnings and discarding (making a singularity I think) the "actual"
items this artifact represents.

And secondly it enables changing artifacts like other archetypes, with the
change being applied directly to all existing items, instead of having various
variants of the artifact.

The drawback I see is the introduction of many temporary archetypes, but I
guess we can live with that.

What do you think of this proposal?

Regards

Nicolas