[crossfire] skill/class cost table

Mark Wedel mwedel at sonic.net
Mon Oct 24 22:56:23 CDT 2011

On 10/24/11 09:58 AM, Nicolas Weeger wrote:

>>    As an aside, I'm thinking of setting up an arch&  server branch for this
>> (the maps really should not need changing on this).  My main thought is
>> that this is going to be a pretty radical change in how things work for
>> players, and so servers probably need some time to adjust (and probably
>> some time is needed just to balance this out before going live on
>> servers).
>>
>>    Now I could work to make it so that both skill systems are available in
>> the same code base, and by tweaking config values, you get one or the
>> other, but long term, this is a big enough change, there is no way both
>> can be supported. And in many ways, cleaning up the code now makes sure
>> the code gets cleaned up, vs putting it off to some point in the future.
>

> IMO, either make that server private, or ask Meflin and use his server. There
> are enough empty servers on the tracker right now, no need to add another one.
 >

 > Also, feel free to ask for help, of course :)

  That is one reason I'm thinking of doing a different SVN branch - that makes
it easier for others to work on and test this.

  But in this somewhat incomplete state, I really don't want to put this into
the main branch, in case it takes a while to complete, and I don't want to break
folks currently running the main branch while this works goes on.

  The only real downside of a branch is making sure that changes in the trunk
make their way to the branch.