[crossfire] skill/class cost table

Nicolas Weeger nicolas.weeger at laposte.net
Fri Oct 21 11:54:07 CDT 2011

>   I see meditation as an ability (see below) that only monks would get.
> Meditation would be an ability not linked to any skill (as it doesn't
> advance with levels).

Ok, makes sense.

>   There would be other abilities tied to specific races.  For example,
> wraith touch would be only for wraith, and tied to unarmed combat.
> Clawing would be for dragons and also tied to unarmed combat.  There are
> probably some others out there.

Seems ok.

> > Seems interesting, yes. For spells, something like increased range, or
> > why not having the "fire all around you instead of a cone" be an ability
> > too?
>
>   Actually, you can do that right now - just fire in direction 0.

My proposal of course implied to remove that feature for spells, unless you
have the matching ability :)

After all, firing in all directions at the same time isn't that easy to do, is
it?

>   For spells, since there are already a lot of them, I'm not as concerned
> about tweaking them.  But for many of the other skills, abilities need to
> be determined.

There are too many, even... Especially redundant ones (small, medium and large
variants).

>   Just like spells, the list could be endless.  But some of my idea here is
> that this also adds things to make the skills more interesting.  Just as
> right now, spell skills would not be that interesting if you just got a
> few spells to start and all that happened as you went up level is the
> damage went up slightly, so it would be with other skills.  Spell skills
> are more interesting as you get new spells to try - and ideally similar
> things should be in place for other skills, so that you have something to
> look forward to and new things to try out.
>
>   Some could also be strategic - some special attacks may take more time to
> perform, so the player has to make the choice if the effect you get would
> be worth it or not.

Makes sense.

Regards

Nicolas