[crossfire] Proposal for artifacts changes

Nicolas Weeger nicolas.weeger at laposte.net
Sat Oct 22 12:33:47 CDT 2011

After some thinking, maybe the best way would be to add a "from_artifact"
field, or something like that, in generated artifacts.

At loading the server would just see that field and instantiante the artifact
from the archetype.

At save time, generate the artifact, compare to the item (in case of really
specific fields - besides, I think "magic" isn't modified by artifacts), and save
as usual. Ensure simply that "from_artifact" is the first field after the
archetype, and it should be ok.

Regards

Nicolas

--