[crossfire] skill/class cost table

Nicolas Weeger nicolas.weeger at laposte.net
Mon Oct 24 11:58:53 CDT 2011

>   True.  There could also be modifications for other spells - maybe at some
> level, you get a 'split bolt' ability, so when cast, you get a triple wide
> bolt (split would suggest 2, but with the aligning of spaces, that would
> be a headache to know what other space it goes down).
>
>   Such an ability may increase casting time and increase mana cost, but
> things like that could be done.
>
>   Instead of 360° cones, maybe also have something that allows 180° cones
> instead of the current 90° cones.

Yes, many abilities can be thought of. Also some could be given through a
quest only, to make them more interesting.

>   As an aside, I'm thinking of setting up an arch & server branch for this
> (the maps really should not need changing on this).  My main thought is
> that this is going to be a pretty radical change in how things work for
> players, and so servers probably need some time to adjust (and probably
> some time is needed just to balance this out before going live on
> servers).
>
>   Now I could work to make it so that both skill systems are available in
> the same code base, and by tweaking config values, you get one or the
> other, but long term, this is a big enough change, there is no way both
> can be supported. And in many ways, cleaning up the code now makes sure
> the code gets cleaned up, vs putting it off to some point in the future.

IMO, either make that server private, or ask Meflin and use his server. There
are enough empty servers on the tracker right now, no need to add another one.

Also, feel free to ask for help, of course :)

Regards

Nicolas
--
Mon p'tit coin du web - http://nicolas.weeger.org