[crossfire] Patch proposal: unidentified generic faces

Nicolas Weeger nicolas.weeger at laposte.net
Sat Jan 21 02:13:11 CST 2012

>   Is the way you see doing this is that the archetype contains the
> unidentified values?  I'm just curious as to how the unidentified
> name/face is determined.

If I implement like the patch suggests, the archetype will contain in the
"name", "face" and "animation" fields the unidentified values. And there will be
keys for "identified_name", "identified_face", "identified_animation" (and
related values like speed).

The "object_give_identified_properties()" function, called from "identify()"
and some other places, would ensure those "identified_" values are copied over
to the item when needed.

So we'd alter archetypes to be unidentified by default.

Regards

Nicolas
--
Mon p'tit coin du web - http://nicolas.weeger.org