[crossfire] Patch proposal: unidentified generic faces

Otto J. Makela om at iki.fi
Thu Jan 19 05:01:06 CST 2012

On 2012-01-19 08:56, Mark Wedel wrote:

>> The code relies on key-values containing "identified" properties (see
>> common/item.c:object_give_identified_properties for more details).
>
>  Is the way you see doing this is that the archetype contains the
> unidentified values?  I'm just curious as to how the unidentified
> name/face is determined.

I've been meaning to ask for an addition to the "drop" command
(which already has provisions for "all", "cursed", "unpaid" and some
similar group properties) to have "identified" and "unidentified"
added to the possible groups lists.

For symmetry, the "take" command should also have similar properties,
I tried and it doesn't even seem to recognize "all" in current versions.

And the online documentation (given with "help drop", "help pick" etc)
should be expanded to explain this.

Maybe the identified/unidentified status should be given more thought,
it seems a bit strange to have no need to identify jewels but that the
jewelry skill is required specifically for gold nuggets?

Currently there are a few things (gold nuggets, lock picks, bottles...)
which will fetch more money in the store when identified, but for which
neither the face nor seemingly the functionality change when id'd.

Zathras: Yes, yes, Zathras is used to being beast of burden to other
  people's needs. Very sad life. Probably have very sad death, but at
  least there is symmetry.
		-- J. Michael Straczynski: Babylon5
--
   /* * * Otto J. Makela <om at iki.fi> * * * * * * * * * */
  /* Phone: +358 40 765 5772, ICBM: N 60 10' E 24 55' */