[crossfire] Quest-based leveling?

Nicolas Weeger nicolas.weeger at laposte.net
Wed Mar 21 14:17:29 CDT 2012

Hello.

> So what you propose a player would only gain exp when the complete a
> "milestone" in a quest - such as recover an item, slay a specific
> monster, etc.?
>
> Instead of gaining exp for all the monster slaying, item
> identification, and other skills - it would only be when the quest
> objective is reached?

Sorry if my proposal was not clear, apparently some other people felt that
confusion :)

What I had in mind was not to change the experience system, stop gaining exp
for slaying monsters, quite the opposite.

I'm proposing to add quest "lines" that would let a player through enough maps
to gain some levels.

Imagine you start a new character, and do the beginner house. Then you end in
Scorn, search around, hear about a quest ("grandpa Malone lost his walking
stick"). While doing it, you explore some specified maps, obviously kill
monsters, and when you finish the quest, you realize you gained some levels
because you killed monsters.

Right now we have a "kill all monsters, loot treasure" game, mostly
hack&slash. I'd like to add the option (option only :)) to plya like "futfill
quests, and because you kill monsters and use skills, gain levels, unlocking
other quests".

So adding some accomplishment to the game.

I hope this clarifies my previous mail :)

Regards

Nicolas
--
Mon p'tit coin du web - http://nicolas.weeger.org