[crossfire] Gem "upgrade" formulae?

Kevin Zheng kevinz5000 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 29 17:14:37 CDT 2013

On 04/28/2013 14:00, Nicolas Weeger wrote:
> I was wondering of adding gem "upgrades" alchemy recipes, something
> like:
>
> - 20 diamonds => 1 diamond of great value - 20 diamonds of great
> value => 1 diamond of exceptional beauty - 20 diamonds of
> exceptional beauty => 1 diamond of flawless value
>
> (with the number high enough to ensure the diamonds in the recipe
> cost more than the resulting diamond)
>
> And equivalent recipes for other emeralds, rubies and such.
>

> Maybe with a high failure rate, and rather in thaumaturgy maybe,
> which doesn't have many recipes.

I like this idea; I think having the high chance of failure and huge
number of starting materials offsets the cost and random chance of
finding these in the wild.

Perhaps even a skill like jewelery? Then again, I don't know many
jewelers who can put together a bunch of gems to make a better gem.

Good luck,
Kevin Zheng