[crossfire] Game change proposals

DraugTheWhopper norkthedork at gmail.com
Sat Dec 27 18:31:45 CST 2014

> What about "mini-games"?
>
> For instance, instead of a mere lockpicking, you actually have to use the
> picks in the right order in a limited time to pick a lock - if you fail,
> you
> trigger the traps, of course.

Don't think I like this. Maybe as some people suggested about using a
minigame for important doors, but I don't think minigames are very
conducive to CF's atmosphere.

> What about changing alchemy (including the jeweler etc. variants)?
>
> For each formulae you start with a ~3% chance of success. You succeed? Get
> 3
> to 5 points. Failure? Get 0-1 point (failure is a valuable lesson, after
> all
> :)). Capped to ~90%. And maybe not giving global experience.
>
> What about random (ie player-dependant) parameters? You have more success
> during certain hours, or outside vs inside, or...?

Nice. I'm interested in ways to revamp crafting.

Then reduce the dropped items. I mean, so much junk!

All part of the fun! After all, real adventurers would need to wade through
corpses, body parts, and paraphernalia to find the valuables.

> Then, slowing (a lot) combat, making it more tactical. Instead of a zillion
> monsters, some hard to defeat monsters, where you can use all your skills
> and
> items, and attempt various combinations.
>
> Then various effects on weapons: stun, knock back, confuse, slow, etc.
>
> Reduce the zillion elemental attacks to a lower number (6? 8?), other
> things
> are side effects.

Interesting, but I fondly remember the twitchy, fastpaced nature of CF in
the old days(think monochrome cfclient). Granted, I was playing that on a
LAN server rather than internet, and that was before spell casting took
time, etc.

Just my two cents. I have strong feelings about many things, so I have to
be careful how I let them out. :)

--Nathan