[crossfire] building very old versions

DraugTheWhopper norkthedork at gmail.com
Mon Jun 27 20:13:29 CDT 2016

> Use polymorph spell on the summoned pet until they morphed in to the
Hyperkobold.

It took enough tries to get a hyperkobold that it usually helped to first
summon an entire "cloud" of pets, on the order of 15 or 20, so you could
polymorph half a dozen with one bolt.

Also, me and my brother (who also toyed with Linux in the day) could never
get much past level 20 or 30, since we weren't particularly smart players.
This may have been on a later version, but I also recall petering out
around 10 or 15 before we realized how to use the old restoration potions
(I think?) to counteract stat depletion.