[crossfire] Release proposal

Robert Brockway robert at timetraveller.org
Wed Aug 23 20:20:44 CDT 2017

On Fri, 23 Jun 2017, Kevin Zheng wrote:

>> As much as possible I've been automating the world building.  I hope it
>> offers different game play to keep people interested.
>
> I think this could offer something to players who want to try something
> new. Is the new world compatible with the standard server and client?

Late response :)

Currently I land the players on the old maps and they pass through a
portal to the new maps.  I want this to go away soon.

> I remember some complaints from the Galactic Mileau folks that it was
> hard to get recent versions of the client/server running a custom world.
> Are there changes that would make this easier for you?

Absolutely.  The newer clients make assumptions about the locations of
Scorn and Navar City.

The older approach of having the character move around in the Hall of
Selection would have made it easier than the current approach of having
the information closely integrated in to the client.

Perhaps the clients could get a start location list from the server, or we
could return to using something like a Hall Of Selection.

Cheers,

Rob