[crossfire] Ideas for balancing tweaks for next release

Matthew Giassa matthew at giassa.net
Mon Jul 31 07:37:37 CDT 2017

* Otto J. Makela <om at iki.fi> [2017-07-31 14:59:07 +0300]:

>Side note:
>Can someone explain to me why dragons often leave behind a sword when killed?
>I mean, they weren't using it in battle, why were they carrying it?

It was embedded in them from a previous encounter?

On a separate note, summon pet monsters should be beefed up (a lot) so
that summoning XP isn't just from using a "invoke charm monsters;
killpets" bind. By L80, you can clear out entire maps of angels, demons,
etc, with that binding. Make the monsters randomly "pacman" the map,
leaving doors alone, and have an army of hyper kobolds or necromancers
pets. Nobody is doing to spend all day using dancing sword to melee
off-screen.