[crossfire] Trouble building Windows client

Kevin Zheng kevinz5000 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 6 06:41:23 CST 2020

Hi Nathaniel,

On 1/6/20 3:47 AM, Nathaniel Kipps wrote:
> When the built client is run in it's own development environment,
> everything is fine. But, when I pull the binaries, DLLs, and
> supporting files out into another environment, such as a test machine,
> the Preferences window no longer opens. There's no error, or message
> in the console, no indication of problems, just that the dialog does
> not actually appear.
>
> If anyone has any input, that would be much appreciated. Also, if
> anyone wants to try it for themselves, feel free to grab a rolled up
> package here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=14ej1Hw37mxABcd60ZD7ULL5AKNmelTU_

Rick has reported a similar issue, and I remember experiencing it before
as well. There's no doubt there's a real issue somewhere.

Unfortunately, it will be some time before I get around to getting my
Windows build set up again. In the meantime, could you try re-building
with debugging symbols and getting a backtrace from the crash?

--
Kevin Zheng
kevinz5000 at gmail.com | kevinz at berkeley.edu
XMPP: kevinz at eecs.berkeley.edu