[crossfire] Trouble building Windows client

Nathaniel Kipps nkipps at gmail.com
Mon Jan 6 17:40:24 CST 2020

Hi Kevin,

> On Mon, Jan 6, 2020 at 7:41 AM Kevin Zheng <kevinz5000 at gmail.com> wrote:
> There's no doubt there's a real issue somewhere.

I find it most interesting that the issue only manifests once I remove
the binaries from the build environment, and execute them elsewhere.
This indicates to me that I'm missing something simple, and that it's
not just a regular bug.

> try re-building with debugging symbols

Some quick googling shows that this may be as simple as setting
"CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE" to equal "Debug". Shouldn't be to hard to try.

> getting a backtrace from the crash

Since the client doesn't actually crash, just behaves anomalously, is
there an alternate way to get a backtrace? Perhaps some function in
windbg that may help?

--DraugTheWhopper