[crossfire] Various adjustments

Kevin Zheng kevinz5000 at gmail.com
Fri May 8 13:41:39 CDT 2020

On 5/8/20 9:15 AM, Rick Tanner wrote:
> I see no help file exists for fix_me, but I found this in the ChangeLog:
>
> fix_me command added - basically just calls the fixme function.  Can be
> useful if you that your characters weight is for some reason incorrect.
> Another commit added "Add sum_weight() call to fix_me command so that
> players weight is properly recalculated"
>
> Looks to me that fix_me should remain accessible to players?

I agree. Ideally, we would not need a fix_me command, but until all the
bugs are squashed, I think this should be available to players.

> As for forget_spell - I have heard from players they use that to keep
> their spell list short, or to get rid of low level spells (i.e., cause
> light wounds when they have cause critical wounds) that are no longer
> used. Otherwise, I am not sure why one would use this command.
>
> From my testing, forget_spell was available as a player. It is listed as
> a dm_command though on the wiki and as best as I can tell should be a DM
> only ability? lib/wizhelp/forget_spell

I added this command. I initially designed it for DM's (as an undo for
learn_spell), but agree that it's useful to players.

I'm not sure if this could be abused; you could repeatedly learn and
unlearn low-level spells. But what would that give you?

--
Kevin Zheng
kevinz5000 at gmail.com | kevinz at berkeley.edu
XMPP: kevinz at eecs.berkeley.edu