[crossfire] Advice for late-game gear: getting constantly one-shotted

Siegfried Eureca siegfried.eureca at gmail.com
Thu Oct 1 00:42:01 CDT 2020

Well, I'll have to bite my tongue on difficulty. I'd say the real problem
was me not understanding the damage formula. Apparently, character level
affects AC somehow, as I was able to waltz into Zorn castle with the same
-31 AC as before (just as level 101 rather than 79 like earlier), and
clobber pretty much everything. My one-handed-weapons skills were much
higher (89 now versus 40 earlier), but my AC did not change.