[crossfire] Git for arch, maps, server, and client

Mark Wedel mwedel at sonic.net
Wed May 5 11:30:48 CDT 2021

On 5/4/21 11:45 PM, Kevin Zheng wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> Some months ago I proposed switching the arch, maps, server, and client repositories to Git. Since feedback on the mailing list was positive, I think now is a good time to make the switch.

<snip>

> - At UTC Saturday 2021-05-08 22:00, I will update these Git repositories
>    from SVN one last time. Future commits in these repositories should go
>    into Git. SVN will continue to be used for the repositories that
>    haven't switched. The migrated repositories will still continue to
>    exist in SVN for a while, but should not be committed to. Hopefully
>    nobody gets confused by the fact that there are two repositories. At
>    some point, perhaps we should delete these repositories from SVN.

  It looks like write (commit) access can be removed from the SVN repos in sourceforge while still letting them exist.  I'd suggest that be done, just to prevent any accidental commits (someone forgot to update their paths or whatever else).  Plus, it can be used to make sure no one commits anything while you are moving things over.

  Thanks for doing this work.