[crossfire] IRC channel move from Freenode to Libera?

Nathaniel Kipps nkipps at gmail.com
Sat May 29 01:25:08 CDT 2021

On Wed, May 26, 2021 at 3:51 PM Ruben Safir <ruben at mrbrklyn.com> wrote:
> Aside from the #crossfire is going through a discourse server?  Is that still
> correct?  Seems that it becomes somewhat irrelevant.

Yes, the freenode IRC channel is bridged to the Discord service. At
the moment there are ~150 members on the Discord side, of which ~50
have not visited it recently. If anyone has friends or acquaintances
who would like to discuss Crossfire topics, but would prefer Discord
over IRC, they are certainly welcome to join the Discord server with
this link: https://discord.gg/CCQqbqu The link can also be found on
the Crossfire website.

On Wed, May 26, 2021 at 4:37 PM <mail-lists+cfdev at dogphilosophy.net> wrote:
> What are the odds of getting a Crossfire channel on Matrix somewhere?

I maintain the bridge to Discord, and the software backend is the
Matterbridge project. It would appear to support Matrix, and most
likely I could extend the bridge to perform a three-way (or more) sync
between multiple services.

I doubt it is particularly necessary to extend the bridge for the sake
of only one person, but I'm sure that's up for debate. Certainly if
you had several people who would benefit, it's probably worth looking
into.

I'm not familiar with Matrix or it's decentralized nature, so I might
need help from a Matrix veteran to get such a thing working. Someone
would also need to take responsibility for maintaining CF's official
presence on another platform, and be/appoint a moderator, etc.

--DraugTheWhopper