[crossfire] Finding maps and their location, moving around

Kevin Zheng kevinz5000 at gmail.com
Sun May 30 14:39:25 CDT 2021

On 5/30/21 12:15 PM, Nicolas Weeger wrote:
>> Could you explain how that GPS system works?
>>
>> What I've been thinking about this is to have a sort of Rhyzian amulet
>> that can be set and reset. So, once a player finds something interesting
>> on the world map, the could program (call it "imbune" or something)
>> their amulet to point back towards their location.
>
> It works exactly like that :)
>
> You first 'reset' it to a specific origin, then when applied it'll tell you your
> position relative to that origin.
>
> So eg '10, -13'.

I think this sounds like roughly what we want.

I think it would be more user-friendly if, like the Rhyzian amulet, the
GPS just told the player which direction to move in.

I think it could also use a new name, because GPS (and Galileo, GLONASS,
Beido, etc.) is a relatively recent invention.

Regards,
Kevin