[crossfire] Bigworld and Pupland

Robert Brockway robert at timetraveller.org
Tue Sep 14 00:28:19 CDT 2021

On Mon, 13 Sep 2021, Nathaniel Kipps wrote:

> Per Leaf, my original email was oversize, and so silently quarantined.
> You can of course read it below, and here's a link to the image I
> originally attached:
>
> https://i.imgur.com/xwckXf3.png

Ah cool.  I was wondering why I didn't receive your original email.

I haven't been playing much lately but will be getting back to it once I
finish up a major project in a few weeks.  I've experimented off and on
with large worlds with additional continents.  I've settled on a 1000x500
map ring shaped world.  The top and bottom 10 maps will be impassable with
another 40 maps of frigid wasteland.  The north will be populated (the
home of the Northmen) while the south will be desolate.  The maps can be
traversed east-west in a ring.

I'll also have a religious group that believes that enlightenment can be
obtained by viewing the edge of the world.  As such they will have a
remote monastary in the far north.

When it's done in a few weeks I'll add it to the metaserver.

In any case I'm in favour of Pupland becoming a new continent.  I have a
few landmasses specled around my world already.  I'll email them to
Nathaniel to see if he wants to use any of them.

Cheers,

Rob