[crossfire] Duplicators that self-destruct

Preston Crow pc-crossfire06 at crowcastle.net
Tue Feb 15 22:11:43 CST 2022

I would like to have duplicators that self-destruct after use.  I would
use the 'hp' field, but it's already set to one in the archetype, so I'm
thinking of using the value.  I have it working on my server:

             }
*            if ( op->value ) {**
**                --op->value;**
**                if ( !op->value ) {**
**                    object_remove( op );**
**object_free_drop_inventory(op);**
**                    return;**
             if ( count <= 1 ) break;
             --count;

That works.  I'm using it in apartments to remove goldfloors and leave
everything pristine, especially where it's buildable after things
trigger.  Is there any issue with my pushing this change? Would a
different field make more sense for this (perhaps 'sp')?