[crossfire] Building in C++?

Nicolas Weeger nicolas.weeger at laposte.net
Fri May 27 08:46:03 CDT 2022

Hello.

I just pushed branch "cpp-build" which changes all .c files to .cpp files. The
only other changes are what was required for correctly building (adding some
casts, renaming a few variables, things like that).

Functionally, everything is the same.

I'd like to merge those changes to master, but well, I'd like to get opinions
before.

I don't plan on migrating to a full C++ code base with classes, inheritance &
other things, the current code is fine.

I do plan to use C++ to replace some home-grown things (lists handling mostly
- for new code, I don't want to always have to realloc() and check size, a
std::vector is enough for that), and to solve issues with object* items being
free'd while still referenced (with our nice check on "count == saved_count"
here and there urgh).

Regards

Nicolas