[crossfire] flatpak

Rick Tanner leaf at real-time.com
Mon Jan 2 23:18:20 CST 2023

Thank you very much for all the work and effort on this!

> Do you guys have github accounts? If you do, I can include you with
> read/write access. So, whenever a change is pushed there, flathub bot
> will automatically rebuild the package and it will be available at
> flathub (as an update).

FWIW, yes, I do at: https://github.com/tannerrj

I know others on this list have GitHub accounts as well, but I will let
them post if they want to have the access that you mention above.

> I installed the temporary flathub
> package on my steam deck and that works. There are some packaging
> related things that should probably be worked on (versioning, better
> screenshots, icons, etc.) but that will come later - I am stuck playing
> crossfire again!! :-)

Nice to hear!

What are some of icons and things that you would like to see improved or
updated?

> I discovered along the way that it is possible to distribute gtk2-based
> programs but that will require some experimenting. gtk2 is no longer
> part of the standard flathub runtimes.

There is a GTKv3 client branch in the works. Does GTKv3 makes things
better, or the same, or worse for FlatHub?

NOTE: The client is not ready for public use, quite a few layout bugs
and issues need some more work.

> The above is just for the java client. BTW does the java client support
> sound? If it does, where should the sound files be placed at?

Short answer, yes - the Java client supports sounds. However, do you
specifically mean the in-game sounds (i.e., foot steps or monster
deaths) or the background music files?