[crossfire] flatpak

Jussi Eloranta eloranta at aa6kj.hopto.org
Sat Jan 7 18:17:24 CST 2023

Hi Rick,

> FWIW, yes, I do at: https://github.com/tannerrj

I opened flathub ticket for this. I will let you know when it is completed.

> What are some of icons and things that you would like to see improved
> or updated?

I recall that 128x128 is a requirement (that is what we have) but there
are optional sizes that could be provided. So nothing serious. Also, the
author is - for now - just crossfire developers. I know

> There is a GTKv3 client branch in the works. Does GTKv3 makes things
> better, or the same, or worse for FlatHub?
>
> NOTE: The client is not ready for public use, quite a few layout bugs
> and issues need some more work.

Yes, standard flathub runtimes support gtk3 directly, so that would
definitely help.

> Short answer, yes - the Java client supports sounds. However, do you
> specifically mean the in-game sounds (i.e., foot steps or monster
> deaths) or the background music files?

Well, both. Where should these files be placed so that the java client
would pick them up?

Best wishes,

Jussi Eloranta