[crossfire] Remove or keep contact email addresses from map headers?

Rick Tanner leaf at real-time.com
Fri Jun 16 12:37:15 CDT 2023

Hello,

While working on numerous maps, I have noticed that some map authors
(and/or map editors) included a contact email address in the map header.

Nearly all of these addresses are no longer valid. For instance, some
are University (College) addresses. And, many are from people I have not
"seen" online in many years.

Given the different methods of communication we now have available -
IRC, Discord, and the mailing list -- those are the preferred ways to
reach out to a map author for questions, comments, discussion, etc.
instead of direct emails to the author.

Does anyone have any concerns in regards to removing the email addresses
from the map headers?

If there are no issues or concerns, I will take care of updating all the
maps to remove this content. To give this discussion some time, I would
look at starting to make this change in 2023-July.

Thank you.